4 Hour DDS (Defensive Driving School) - $23.95
Toll Free: 1-800-540-4855
Reasons for attending the Florida 4 Hour DDS:
|Electing to attend driving school to remove the points||Court Ordered 4 Hour DDS|
•No points added to your driving record
•You were a driver in a crash and are found at fault
When you receive a traffic ticket in Florida, you have 30 days to take it to the Florida Clerk of Court and:
· Pay the traffic ticket (paying means you are admitting you are guilty and the points will be added to your driving license) or
· Elect to attend a 4 Hour DDS (red light course), then bring the certificate of completion back to the court to prove that you completed the driver improvement course and no points will be added to your driving record, or
· Go to traffic court to contest the ticket. If you decide to go to traffic court and contest your traffic ticket, the judge can adjudicate you guilty, and you will be required to attend driving school, the points will be added on your License, you will pay a fine and your insurance rates will be raised.
The department of highway safety and motor vehicles (dmv) is authorized to suspend the license of any person who has accumulated 12 or more points within 12 months. Points are calculated by the date you received the traffic ticket.
· 12 points accumulated in 12 months will result in a 30 day suspension of your driving privilege.
· 18 points accumulated in 18 months (including points from a 12 point suspension) will result in a 3-month suspension of your driving privilege.
· 24 points accumulated in 36 months (including points from a 12 point and /or 18 point suspension) will result in a one-year suspension of your driving privilege.
You must complete a 4 hour dds to avoid points on your drivers license, or if a judge ordered you to attend a red light course or a tcac course (Traffic Collision Avoidance Course) as a result of a red light violation. The 4 hour dds is also known as defensive driving course or basic driver improvement course.
Our 4 hour dds (basic driver improvement course) is Florida court and dmv approved for all 67 Florida Counties.
To register for our dmv approved 4 hour dds, just click the button below!
Traffic Ticket Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does this 4 hour dds cost?
The price of the 4 hour dds is $23.95. This includes all processing fees and the original driving school certificate of completion. Your original completion certificate must be mailed directly from our office to you. Normally this process can take anywhere from 3-5 business days, although you can select an expedited mailing process. Our staff can e-mail you a secure copy of your certificate for a small fee of $9.95. You can also order a certificate copy to be mailed to you.
2. How do I pay for the 4 hour dds?
You can pay for the course by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). After you fill out the registration form, you are linked to a secure page where payment is quick and effortless. The site is encrypted, making your online purchase completely safe.
3. What if the deadline for the completion of my 4 hour dds has passed?
Please contact the Clerk of Court for instructions regarding the extension of your due date and then call us back. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to extend your due date.
4. Can I elect to attend the 4 hour dds after I’ve already paid the ticket?
No. The election must be made when you pay the ticket. When you receive a traffic ticket, you may earn points against your driving record, which when accumulated may cause your license to be suspended.
5. Do I have to complete the 4 hour dds in one sitting?
No, take as long as you want to finish the course. You can do one section after another if you wish, but most of our students read at their leisure.
The 4 Hour DDS is also known as:
♦ basic driver improvement course
♦ 4 hour bdi course
♦ 4 hour driving school
♦ defensive driving school
♦ traffic collision avoidance | tcac
♦ red light course